Transit Solutions™ was created to help improve air quality on Long Island by promoting the use of transit options.
The goals of Transit Solutions™ are to:
- Improve the air quality on Long Island
- Increase ALL forms of transit ridership on Long Island by clearly communicating all of the transit options available to workers and residents.
- Help educate Long Island employers and workers about the pre-tax commuter benefit and the programs available for them to save money.
- Increase awareness of transit fare options, including convenient mail and Internet purchasing options.
- Research areas where demand for expanded transit services exists in order to serve Long Island residents and businesses better
According to the most recent census, almost 70% of Nassau County residents and 80% of Suffolk County residents drive to work alone. Reducing this number and increasing the use of other transit options can have a tremendous positive impact on our community. Following are just a few of the benefits of increasing transit usage:
- Improving air quality and the environment
- Reducing traffic congestion on the roadways
- Conserving energy while helping residents and commuters save money
If you work on Long Island, talk with your employer about registering for pre-tax commuter benefits. While helping to improve the environment, you'll save money on your commute and they'll save money on payroll taxes.
If you own or manage a business on Long Island, contact the Transit Solutions Manager for more information about how your company can save money and to schedule a presentation or enrollment event for your employees.
It's easy for you. All you have to do is enroll your company in a pre-tax transit benefit program.
Click here for a complete list of benefit programs.
Contact Transit Solutions at (516) 242-8121 for a complete presentation at your location.
Good for you. Good for the environment.
Since the TRANSIT SOLUTIONS program began, the following employers on Long Island are just a few of the companies that have implemented the pre-tax commuter benefit program.