Sustainable Actions You Can Take Now!
- Encourage employees to sign up for the I Pledge Program and commit to using transit as often as possible.
- Consider providing free or subsidized transit passes for employees to use.
- Utilize TRANSIT SOLUTIONS to conduct transportation fairs to help educate employees about the transit options available to them.
- Offer employees the chance to reduce transit costs by up to 40% by enrolling your company in a pre-tax commuter benefit program offered by TransitChek, Wageworks, Benefit Resource, Commuter Benefit Solutions, TotalBen, Swipe-N-Save, FBA of Syosset, Flex Facts, Leading Edge Administrators or other providers. Click here for a complete list.
You and your company can have a positive impact on the quality of life on Long Island!
Encouraging your employees to use transit is a great sustainability initiative. Currently, Americans use more energy for transportation than any other activity including industrial and commercial use. In fact, as much energy is often used by employees getting to work than they consume at work!
Companies like yours that encourage the use of transit help conserve energy, reduce pollution and greenhouse gases, decrease traffic congestion, and increase employee productivity.
Plus, with unpredictable gas prices, using transit makes sense!
Sustainability starts with transit.
Encouraging use of public transportation is a great sustainability initiative with multiple benefits:
- Taking public transportation offers an immediate alternative for individuals seeking to reduce their energy use.
- For each mile your employees don’t drive, a pound of CO2 is kept out of the air, reducing an employee’s overall carbon footprint, while also improving our air quality.
REDUCED PARKING PROBLEMS
- Promoting awareness of transit options helps employees find alternate ways to get to work.
- Using transit saves your employees money on fuel, maintenance, insurance, parking and taxes.
- Offering the pre-tax commuter benefit program can save employees up to 40% of their commuting costs and save your company thousands of dollars in payroll taxes.
PROMOTING ALTERNATIVE TRANSPORTATION CAN ALSO ASSIST IN ACHIEVING LEED CERTIFICATION.
Contact Transit Solutions at (516) 242-8121 for more information on the I Pledge program and the sustainable actions you can take now!
Good for you. Good for the environment.
Since the TRANSIT SOLUTIONS program began, the following employers on Long Island are just a few of the companies that have implemented the pre-tax commuter benefit program.